Mar 8, 2008

Prayers for Chloe Today

Over the last 24 hours I've had an opportunity through internet research to get a good look at the reality of Chloe's life in the orphanage. I've seen pictures of where she's staying, heard about general health in the orphanage and the care they're given. I even learned that a lot of the babies from that region are considered 'spicey.' As I was praying for her this morning my heart was just breaking over the reality of her life. This is not what God intends for His children. My devotions today lead me to Ps. 23 and it says "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no eveil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Even though Chloe's life has begun in this difficult way, God has been there to protect her. The rod and the staff of the Good Shepherd are her protection when we can't be there. The Psalm then ends with "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Will you join me today in praying that God will not only preserve Chloe's physical health, but also her emotional health until she can be with her forever family?

3 comments:

Linda said...

You will love Chloe! We travelled to Chongqing in Oct/Nov and brought our daughter home early Nov. She is very spicy. Our little gal was at the orphanage her entire time. She was well cared for and is developementally on track if not ahead.

Her muscle tone wasn't great when we got her but with constant attention from us she was furniture surfing before we left Chongqing and walked before her first birthday.

Our little girl holds out her hand to pray with us before each meal. She is a real blessing!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mel said...

I am the proud parent of a Quanjiang Spicy Girl! Claire came home in January of 2007. She and several others in the group had bronchitis...most were coughing so deeply they were throwing up. At least two had ear infections...2-3 had scabies...and one of them presented with Chicken Pox upon returning home! NOW! With all that said, they are ALL happy, healthy, well adjusted little girls! Even with bronchitis, throwing up, and an ear infection, Claire was all smiles from the moment her Daddy picked her up out of her walker in Chonqing. Our pediatricians assure us she is developmentally on target...she loves her big sister Hope (from Anqing), her kitty Gus, and just about any type of food you put in front of her. She and her sister are blessings from God and we couldn't have hand picked two better children to fit into our family. He knows what He's doing. God bless you and your family...I can't wait to see pictures of you holding Chloe!

Alyson and Ford said...

We have said a prayer for your daughter Chloe, we can't wait to see you with her on your forever day!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06